Skyhawk Want Ads
THIS SECTION PRESENTED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE.
Here can be posted inquiries and searches for information and/or assistance related to the A-4 Skyhawk aircraft, restoration projects, specific technical data, information about Skyhawk squadrons and individuals associated with the A-4, etc. There is no charge for this service, but please note the following guidelines regarding inquiries posted here.
- The desired information/data may already be available. Please visit the other sections shown on the Home Page and/or do a "Search" before submitting a Want Ad.
- A Want Ad must be non-commercial in nature, no more than 75 words in length, and as specific as possible as to names, dates, locations, identity of individuals, squadrons, aircraft, and equipment. (Submissions may be edited by staff before posting.)
- Want-ad copy must include the full name of a contact individual and either a postal mailing address, a telephone number, an e-mail address, or a combination thereof.
- Want ads will be displayed for approximately 90 days after posting, but may be renewed upon request.
- The Skyhawk Association will not act as broker or forwarding agent for Want Ad responses, and does not guarantee results or satisfaction.
- SUBMIT WANT AD COPY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org and use "WANT AD" as the e-mail subject
(Latest Update: 12 JUL 2013 )
12 JUL 2013: Wanted, VA-45 DET1 patch. Send price information to NH3stinks@yahoo.com.
James Kent, Temple, Ga.
30 JUN 2013: "I am looking for A-4 Squadron coins to buy, VMA-213, VMA-223, H+MS 12, 31, 32, S. Weymouth MASS, VMA-542.
25 OCT 2012: A4 Skyhawk mechanics wanted. Draken International, Inc., based in Lakeland, FL is accepting resumes from experienced A4 Skyhawk mechanics for employment beginning 1 December 2012. Recent experience required. Qualified applicants please submit resumes by email to email@example.com.
01 AUG 2012: Draken International has acquired the 9 Aemacchi MB-339's and 8 McDonnell Douglas A-4K Skyhawks from the Kiwis (New Zealand)! It expects the MB-339’s to be operational during the 4th quarter 2012 and the Skyhawks during the 1st quarter of 2013! (much sooner than most had expected!) The Association finds this news VERY exciting indeed! These A-4K’s are nicely upgraded aircraft and the Draken lineup is fast becoming an extremely impressive tactical aircraft inventory for contract work around the country. They have an immediate need for skilled A-4 maintainers...so if you know some, or are one, get a resume in ASAP! While not so immediate a need, they are also building a collection of A-4 pilot resumes. Might be worth a try for some of you younger gents out there! E-mail point of contact for A-4 maintainer employment is: J Kerby. Interested pilots may want to send pilot resumes to Draken International at 3330 Flightline Drive, Lakeland, FL 33811.